Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Advent Calendar DIY





This is our first year of doing a 12 Days of Christmas Advent with our kids. I like to stuff the advent the day of so the kids don't peek & so that I can choose something that fits with our schedule/energy for that day. You'll notice that most of these are activity or service based. The mission behind this isn't gift-giving.. It's to recenter our family and keep us grounded to the real reason we're celebrating this Christmas season. We want it to be fun, but remembering that it is not about gifts, or "US" is a big deal as our children have so much worldly influence knocking on the door this time of year.


ᕱ  ᕱ  ᕱ  ᕱ  ᕱ  ᕱ  ᕱ  ᕱ  ᕱ  ᕱ  ᕱ  ᕱ  



Want to make an advent calendar like ours? 

You may need: 
-felt
-thick, funky fabric
-scissors
-stocking patterns
(I drew mine. I didn't want them being matchy or too "perfect."
I was going for whimsical and funky)
-glue or needle/thread

-something to hang them on
(I put some of my favorite finds below. Just click a pic to shop.)


ᕱ  ᕱ  ᕱ  ᕱ  ᕱ  ᕱ  ᕱ  ᕱ  ᕱ  ᕱ  ᕱ  ᕱ 


Feel free to use these graphics to stuff your own advent calendar. Just click on the one you want to download, save it, and print. (I have a variety so choose whatever fits your needs.)  Sneak peek: 

Full album of graphics here





Ignore the outlet without the plate - we're repainting our house.



 A message from my heart: 
 Please know that my intention with sharing activities I like to do is to spark creativity, to help inspire without reinventing the wheel, and to pass on hacks along the way. Yes, some of the things I love are "extra," but yours don't have to be. If you aren't into DIY advent calendar making, use envelopes. If your budget doesn't allow something on the list this season, swap it for a Christmas music dance party. Lastly, if you're too tired for advent activities this year, have a family snuggle and let your heart rest. Whatever you do, and whatever your have is absolutely enough. 

 love,  B r a d e y




No comments:

Post a Comment